LOAN STORE CODE OF PRACTICE
· Everyone is accountable for their own safety and for the safety of others around them.
· If you see something dangerous report it to the supervising member of staff at once.
· Staff and students can only use equipment and processes after they have received relevant training.
· In the event of an accident call a first aider at once.
· All electrical items brought into the area must be PAT tested.
· Equipment must be signed out and returned at the agreed time.
· Do not remove materials or equipment from the Loan Store without authorisation.
· If in doubt ask an appropriate member of staff.
· Abusive behaviour toward technical staff will not be tolerated.
· Please report all breakages or faulty equipment to technical staff.
Students and staff must adhere to this Code of Practice.
Insurance against loss or damage is not covered by the University policy; you are responsible for the care and safety of loaned equipment, and may be held responsible for any damage and loss. When you tick our terms and conditions, you are indicating that you have read the terms and agreed to our policies. If booking a lot of expensive equipment, we would urge you to seek your own insurance for both transit and usage. We can help you with identifying replacement costs, should you require it for insurance purposes. Please note, you will need special permission from the Loans Team to take our equipment overseas and you will have to provide document evidence of insurance cover: example (Performance Film & Media Insurance).